Assistant Superintendent- Pulp
***This position has a $15,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance***
Georgia Pacific is seeking qualified candidates for our Assistant Superintendent Position in Pulp known internally as a Manufacturing Engineer. These openings in the bleaching and/or digesting/washing/screening areas of the fiberline to join our team in Perry, FL. This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement. This role is responsible for owning all aspects of these areas (people, process, safety, environmental, productivity, reliability, etc).
This position will report to the Fiberline Business Unit Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Driving a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Providing operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Working with shift capability leaders (supervisors) to coach and develop employees
- Leading teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects to drive continuous improvement and add the highest value
- Coordinating with other team members to plan outage and routine maintenance
- Using strong problem-solving skills and the constructive challenge process to drive to the optimum solution
- Effectively managing many high priority tasks / projects with a sense of urgency to drive process & equipment improvements that result in better product quality, reduced variability and higher customer satisfaction
- Utilizing strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and planning/scheduling/execution skills
- Employing strong interpersonal skills to influence change in the department and the process
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- One or more years of pulp/paper industry experience OR Georgia-Pacific Engineering Development Program experience
- Knowledge of pulp mill processes along with the fundamentals of equipment operation for effective interface with maintenance
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements and projects
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Engineering or an applied science
- Supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation
- Three years’ experience working in a bleach plant
- Understanding of pulping operations including digesting, brown stock washing, bleaching, and ClO2 production
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com