Sales Technical Support
Guardian Glass is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive markets. Through its Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We pride ourselves on providing the very highest level of customer service which includes technical support and advice to Architects and Specifiers, the curtain walling and window industry, as well as glass processors and installers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide on- and off-site product consultation and technical support to Guardian’s indirect customers such as: Investors, Architects, Façade Consultants, Cladders and Glass processors regarding possible glazing solutions for a given architectural project.
- Advise on glass type and thickness recommendations, as well as thermal stress analyses.
- Help reduce the decision-making time on the client’s side and so contribute to a timely project execution.
- Develop relationships with customers at all levels and become a valuable asset to their day-to-day business.
- Provide personal and on-line trainings to internal and external customers on glass products, their characteristics and applications, glass-related norms and regulations, and the basics of calculations for glazing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proficient in written & spoken Dutch, English and French language.
- Affinity to technical matters and technical experience.
- Customer focused and experienced in working with customers.
- Knowledge about regulations and standards for building and façades.
- An enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Readiness to travel in BeNeLux.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Educational background in architecture, civil engineering, ceramics, or other technical fields is an advantage.
- Relevant experience, i.e. technical experience in the facades or construction industries, as well as glass processing or building material background.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Driver’s license for passenger car.