This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire a 3rd shift Production Supervisor for our corrugated packaging facility in Cleveland, Tennessee.This is an exciting time to join our team on 3rd shift (Monday-Friday 11pm - 7am).
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit: www.gppackaging.com/
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Driving safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies; investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, and technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers
- Addressing key issues and concerns and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production
- Identifying repairs needed at machine centers and creating work requests for completion
- Tracking continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and providing leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Planning, assigning, and directing work for all hourly production employees; appraising performance and providing feedback as needed
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- (1) one or more years of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing, industrial OR military environment
- (1) one or more years of experience working on a converting machines.
- Able to handle high through-put machines such as a MHI Evol, Ward 50” twin slitter, and a Ward 66” die cutter with a bundle breaker.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in manufacturing, business, or engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a supervisory role
- Experience working with KIWI application
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.