Georgia-Pacific is seeking Machine Operators (entry-level to experienced) at our Sheboygan, WI facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by efficiently producing high quality boxes for our customers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety standards and attendance excellence, along with a willingness to learn and grow within the company. Hard work pays off and will provide opportunity to advance in skillset and compensation! Motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
Position Specific Details
- Starting wages are $19.00 per hour with shift differentials of 2nd shift $.45 per hour & 3rd shift $.40 per hour. Team members have an opportunity to advance up to $26.00 per hour. Pay is dependent on experience and ability to demonstrate prior knowledge and skills.
- We offer competitive benefits and perks: 401k retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, and more!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely operate or assist in operating machines
- Accurately and efficiently setup the machine according to SOP’s
- Ensure proper placement of load tags and bottom sheets
- Ensure correct stacking patterns, that all units are stacked neatly, and quantities are correct
- Monitor board quality, including loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, and any other defects
- Fill out maintenance work orders when repairs are needed
- Enter accurate production data into operating system
- Complete general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Lifting/pulling up to 35 lbs
- Work collaboratively with other team members in a manufacturing environment
- Work weekends, holidays and overtime (up to 4 additional hours per day) when needed or scheduled
Our Machine Operators work a straight, non-rotating shift. Our shifts are:
- 3rd shift: Sunday – Thursday 10pm – 6am
- 2nd shift: Monday – Friday 2pm – 10pm
- 1st shift: Monday – Friday 6am – 2pm
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six (6) months or more of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf