This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources is seeking an Operations Technician to join our Asphalt Plant in Omaha, NE. Successful candidates must have excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects that are requested by your Terminal Manager. These may include, but are not limited to mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping. A general knowledge of pumps, valves (ball, gate, etc.), bulk storage terminal and pipeline operations, will be an asset to you in this role. In this role you must be able to adapt to ever changing priorities, drive innovation and accept change, have strong time management and prioritization skills and have a willingness to learn.
This role offers a $1500 sign-on bonus upon hire.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facility rounds
- Truck driver training and interaction
- Equipment troubleshooting
- General preventable maintenance
- Taking product samples
- Maintaining cleanness of sites
- Working individually and/or as a team, and small project management/execution
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical knowledge
- Basic working knowledge of computer skills and programs (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel)
- Able to meet physical requirements for the role
- Ability to work overtime and by on-call for afterhours support
- Ability to safely lift at least 50 lbs
- Negotiate in, on, and around piping at both grade level and above grade level elevations
- Navigate vertical ladders and spiral tank stairs to reach work areas
- Occasionally enter confined spaces through 24” diameter manways and tolerate scents common to fuels and asphalts loading operations, as well as those of construction and maintenance related activities such as welding, painting, and tank cleaning
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, as required
- Willingness to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) in order to attend training, meetings and to assist other locations
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more maintenance/construction experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry
- Two year technical or mechanical degree in a related field
- Knowledge of bulk storage terminal and pipeline operations
- General knowledge of pumps and valves (ball, gate, etc)
- Understanding of basic hydraulics
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.