Process Engineering Specialist
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company, is currently looking for a Process Engineering Specialist in Pickering, Ontario!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead company’s gas processing application (BgPur™/SgPur™)
- Review and update application master design tools and calculation sheets
- Maintain application database and process design manuals
- Provide technical support to team members including review and approval of equipment selection and sizing sheets, sales package (costing sheets and sales proposals) and other project documents
- Actively engage in product development by proposing innovative ideas to maximize value proposition
- Support Sales & Marketing team in project qualification
- Review and evaluate technical information received and develop the design basis
- Carry out process design/optimization, equipment selection and sizing
- Prepare system costing sheets and proposals
- Provide immediate assistance to Technical Service, Sales & Marketing, and Systems Engineering departments as required for process related issues
- Develop engineering drawings, PFD, P&ID, equipment layout, etc.
- Prepare Process Design Packages (PDP) for systems about to sell or sold as required
- Prepare economic evaluations, ROI analyses and competitor comparisons
- Compliance with the Company’s Workplace Health and Safety Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed to prioritize and plan projects to achieve on-time completion, results, and detail oriented
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, flexibility and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, select, and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others
- Must be able to work effectively with other staff, fostering teamwork and cooperation throughout the company
- Perform other related duties as required by manager.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of process/application engineering experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Willing to Travel as needed
- Must have a valid passport to allow them to travel to the USA and are they legally eligible to enter the USA
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering focusing gas processing
- 3+ years of experience in gas processing equipment and process design
- Professional Engineer designation
Eco-Tec iscommitted to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know. "