Instrumentation Engineer - SIS focus
Are you an experienced Instrumentation Engineer seeking an opportunity to grow and be rewarded for your performance? If so, Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas has career opportunities for you in our refining business and we are looking for great people to grow with us. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and maintain site Safety Instrument System (SIS) documentation, day to day tracking of events, and support for refinery safety systems.
- Develop and maintain safety shutdown and interlock documentation for new projects as well as TA projects.
- Model safety system performance utilizing Fault Tree software to ensure acceptable Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Performance of plant Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs).
- Maintain ownership of Mechanical Integrity (MI) program and documentation including test records.
- Ensure SIS testing is performed at the interval required to support the performance target of each SIF.
- Utilize economic thinking to justify and initiate lifecycle projects to upgrade/replace obsolete or unreliable equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of instrumentation/electrical or process controls engineering experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelors of Science in engineering from an ABET-accredited program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Direct work experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Working knowledge of Industry Standard IEC 61511 “Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry” and OSHA 20 CFR 119.1910(j): “Mechanical Integrity”
- Experience with Safety Instrumented Systems and Mechanical Integrity processes.
- ISA or TṺV Certification as an ISA84 Expert or CFSE / CFSP.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com