Sales Technical Support
Guardian Industries Corp.is an international manufacturer of float glass and fabricated glass products. Its products are used by the commercial and residential construction industries as well as by the automotive industry. The company has operations in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. It is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan and employs 17,000 people
Guardian Glass is looking for a Sales Technical Support (Application Engineer). This position would be ideally located in Katowice or Czestochowa.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides on- and off-site product consultation and technical support to Guardian’s indirect customers such as selected: Investors, Architects, Façade Consultants, Cladders and Glass processors regarding possible glazing solutions for a given architectural project.
This involves primarily glass type and thickness recommendations as well as thermal stress analyses. Helps reduce the decision-making time on the client’s side and so contributes to a timely project execution. This activity is to be coordinated with Guardian’s sales representatives
- Provides personal and on-line Trainings to internal and external customers on glass products, their characteristics and applications, glass-related norms and regulations, and the basics of calculations for glazing
The Experience You Will Bring
- Affinity to technical matters. Educational background in architecture, civil engineering, ceramics or other technical fields is an advantage.
- Relevant experience. For example, technical experience in the facades or construction industries, as well as glass processing or building material background.
- Knowledge about regulations and standards for building and façades.
- The right attitude, an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in written & spoken English language. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Driver’s license for passenger car.
- Readiness to travel