Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Join Guardian Industries and the SRG Global Morehead, KY facility as a Manufacturing Quality Engineer where we'll look to you to bring a passion for customer focus and creating value through continuous improvement in product and process.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise the quality group in development and implementation of process flow, control plans, PFMEA, and standard work for early product/process development.
- Develop quality planning process / documents in support of SRG Flawless Launch Process.
- Quality expert in dimensional gauge design, evaluation, and certification.
- Customer liaison for 8D submittals, quality alerts and corrective action implementation and verification.
- Set-up 100% final inspection process including training and reporting structure.
- Set-up training plans for inspectors in molding, plating, and prototype assembly.
- Support molding, plating, and assembly areas in problem-solving
- Train and monitor daily plating inspection with defect mapping.
- Provide statistical analysis of inspection and dimensional data for improvement opportunities.
- Support new product designs to achieve targeted quality and productivity levels.
- Comply with all safety requirements
- Responsible for following all environmental policies, procedures, work instructions and requirements applicable to his or her work, including the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for immediately reporting to management all environmental concerns related to work being carried out, as well as, all incidents, which present a hazard to people, production, or the environment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Engineering or other technical degree.
- 1+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a plant (preferably decorative exterior trim.)
- Proven knowledge of plastic injection molding part design and tooling.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Solid computer and problem-solving skills.
- Statistical Process Control Knowledge.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with high level of self-motivation. Must be able to work on own initiative and work well in a group.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical equations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
What Will Put You Ahead
- ASQ Certified.
- Decorative Exterior Trim experience.
- Working knowledge of IATF 16949 for Guidelines for Implementation of Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of quality core tools.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions in some areas require that personal protective equipment be worn including but not limited to steel toed shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, ring and watch covers, belt buckle covers, and gloves. All employees of SRG are expected to comply with the safety policies.
- The employee will be exposed to toxic and corrosive chemicals. The employee may encounter exposure to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also encounter wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, working in high, precarious places, proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to electrical shock and radiation.
- Noise levels are moderate.
- The employee will need to wear shoes, shirt and all protective equipment relevant to working with hazardous chemicals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, use hands to finger dexterity, handle and feel, reach with arms and hands, and talk and hear.
- The employee is sometimes required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and sit. Specific vision requirements include: close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to lift up to 10 - 50 lbs. consistently on a daily basis.
SRG Global Inc., a Guardian company, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and household appliance industries with a manufacturing presence in major world markets including North America, Western and Central Europe and China. The company is headquartered near Detroit in Troy, Michigan. Learn more about us at www.srgglobal.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com