Sr. Process Engineer
Molex leverages its optical experience to produce some of the highest performing, field-proven optical components in the market. We apply our expertise along with our strong mechanical design capabilities to offer a range of products that deliver 100-Mbps to 400-Gbps data rates and compliance with Ethernet, SONET/SDH, Fibre Channel and CPRI standards. Additionally, we design our products to address many market segments, such as data center, access, metro and long-haul applications. All of our products are produced with Molex’s high-quality standards, delivering superior optical, electrical and EMI performance for network robustness. Furthermore, Molex is a one-stop shop for end-to-end optical solutions and, along with optics, provides cages, connectors and cable assemblies.
Join our high-performing team in Carlsbad, CA as a Senior Process Engineer!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop processes used in the assembly of Molex’s opto-electronic products
- Interact with suppliers, subcontractors and contract manufacturers
- Define and conduct Designs of Experiments
- Generate Statements of Work (SOW) and detailed project plans for new process development activities
- Responsible for improving, monitoring, and reporting manufacturing process health (yield, failure paretos, etc.)
- Good understanding of common packaging processes such as Die Attach, Wire bonding, adhesives, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DOE, Gage R&R, etc.)
- Good understanding of problem solving techniques
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis experience
- Able to work independently and in a group
- Good understanding of key aspects of packaging optoelectronic devices
- Has a good understanding of reliability of packages and the impact of packaging on device reliability
- Experienced in Statistical analysis software. (JMP, Minitab, etc.)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, project)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 4+ years of experience in active and passive optical alignment, adhesive processes, package sealing, fiber termination, etc.
- Six-Sigma, Lean manufacturing experience/certification
- Familiar with micro-optics
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com