Koch-Glitsch is hiring B-Pressure Welders for opportunities across Canada. We are hiring candidates with previous pressure-vessel experience for project-based work in the upcoming turnaround season.
The B-Pressure Welder is responsible for the assembling, custom welding, fabrication and repairing of pressure vessels and pipes in accordance with industry standard ASME codes, and Koch-Glitsch standards while ensuring all safety procedures, standards and best practices are strictly maintained.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Read and understand blueprints, welding procedures and drawings, take measurements, make calculations
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method, electrodes/wires, gases based on requirements
- Knowledge of and follow welding electrode storage and protection practices as per Koch-Glitsch and client requirements
- Operate angle grinders to prepare components welded
- Weld components in various positions
- Attach rigging and signal crane or hoist operators to lift tower components
- Utilize best practices to maintain 100% compliance with health and safety expectations
- Journeyman Red Seal Welding Certificate
- Grade “B” Pressure welding certification
- Able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout Canada.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
- Required Tickets to be uploaded with the resume ESC Confined Space ESC Fall Protection ESC H2S Alive CSTS 20’ OR CSTS 09’ and OSSA RSO, BSO, CSO