This job posting is no longer active.
***This position has a $10,000 Sign On Bonus & Includes Relocation Assistance***
The Foley Cellulose Mill is seeking a talented engineer to join the environmental team in a development role leading to future responsibilities. This position will report to the facility Environmental Manager and will be developed as his future successor. The individual selected will have the desire and capability to grow into a leader who provides strategic direction at the Foley Cellulose Mill through the application of Market Based Management® (MBM®) and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
The Environmental Engineer in this position will create value for the organization by ensuring that environmental risks are identified and developing plans to support the Manufacturing Organization capabilities to mitigate the risk. This will occur through culture change, by developing/utilizing effective, sustainable environmental management systems and by ensuring that facility leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage their environmental responsibilities. There is a sign-on bonus for the new hire placed in this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure compliance through the use and improvement of the Environmental Management System (EMS), leading compliance system evaluations and development of improvement plans, and maintaining strong working relationships with regulatory agencies
- Improve organizational capability with planning and leading self-assessments to identify opportunities to improve performance, applying subject matter expertise and excellent communication skills to independently and objectively help the “on shift” operations teams meet environmental compliance requirements
- Improve sustainability through maintaining a strong working knowledge of mill processes and how they affect compliance, leading effective environmental incident investigations and root cause analyses to develop corrective and preventative actions, analyzing data and evaluating current performance and trends, and leading permitting activities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline, Environmental Sciences, or Pulp & Paper
- A minimum of three (3) years of environmental compliance and management systems experience AND/OR a minimum of two (2) years of experience in pulp and paper manufacturing
- Experience leading projects, people, and/or teams
- Experience with developing and improving management systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Pulp and paper process and regulatory knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.