Electrical Maintenance Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
Electrical Maintenance Technician – Modesto, CA
Position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Technicians at our Modesto, CA facility. We are looking for highly skilled individuals who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who have a thorough understanding of safe work practices. These positions create value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Read on to learn more!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
- Perform all maintenance checks and preventive maintenance in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairing automated systems with remote technical support
- Upload/download and research online the necessary software, maintenance and operation manual for equipment pertaining to the business to aid in performing tasks
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high-volume environment
- Supporting our safe working environment by maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations and wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Willing to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Electrical Certification, technical schooling earned or other related educational certifications/degrees
- At least two (2) years of rotary machinery industrial maintenance experience
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and electrical/mechanical equipment
- Experience performing preventative maintenance and identifying predictive maintenance of equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience working with motor running control and building lighting
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
- Experience with MIG, TIG, Arc welding
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.