Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) is looking for a talented EHS Specialist to join their EHS team. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. The EHS Specialist will primarily be supporting the environmental, health and safety efforts at our Wilmington, MA site with ancillary assistance for Satellite Sites, Engineering and Field Service Group. They are responsible for hands-on, day-to-day activities related to safety at the plant level and will work closely with all managers and employees to ensure compliance.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate a commitment to safety and manufacturing excellence, possess strong interpersonal communication and technical skills and be an active contributor of transformation initiatives.
This role is primarily a 1st shift position; however, this role will require a schedule that works until 8:00pm three times/week.
Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) is transforming the landscape of separations by developing and leveraging synergistic technology such as membrane filtration, ion exchange, processing equipment and more. With over half a century worth of experience, KSS offers comprehensive solutions for the most challenging applications in food and beverage, life science, and general industrial markets. KSS works with customers around the world to recover high-value product, eliminate waste, reduce footprint, increase productivity, and lower costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Respond to campus EHS safety concerns/issues.
- Develop the management skills of KSS Leads and Supervisors to independently generate and maintain JHAs for all existing jobs and any new jobs that result from changes in processes, chemicals use, or redesign of work areas
- Assist production in renewal/maintenance of existing JHA through review meetings
- Complete work permits for jobs that require them
- Perform workspace air monitoring during special projects that require sampling to ensure safe working conditions
- Perform noise studies for operations with potential elevated noise levels
- Help coordinate Industrial Hygiene sampling, reporting and program development
- Participate in RCCA teams to reduce risks related to EH&S
- Help train, educate, and involve KSS employees in EHS continual improvement to include activities such as: Toolbox talks, Safety Flashes, Training Presentations, Shop floor tours (housekeeping audits)
- Chemical safety coordinator for inventories, SDS management, & hazardous waste management
- Ergonomics coordination and support for KSS campus
- Machine guarding assessments and prioritization for KSS Campus
- Provide work projects for EHS designated personnel and provide guidance and direction towards completion.
- Support Global Director EHS Manager in the management and execution of EHS activities based out of Ontario, Canada, and Wilmar Minnesota.
- Draft application submittals for the Town of Wilmington permits in the following areas: Flammable Permit and Registration, Hazardous Material Processing, Welding/Hot Work, Rubbish
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous EHS experience across multiple disciplines and scenarios in a private, government or military environment.
- Experience interpreting Federal, State and/or Local Agency EHS regulatory guidance (OSHA, Fire Code).
- Experience in public speaking with large groups and conducting live safety training classes.
- Utilizing MS Office-Word-PowerPoint-Excel (graphing) in a work environment.
- Physical Requirements: Comfortable handling hazardous materials; ability to frequently stand, walk, reach within hands and arm’s length, stoop, stretch and crouch; ability to work in wet environment; able to wear safety glasses, hearing protection and safety toe work shoes.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Safety related field or other science/engineering degree.
- 3+ years of EHS Experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Qualifications in DOT Certification for Hazardous Waste, RCRA Certification for Hazardous Waste, Red Cross Certified, and ASP/CSP Certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com