Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Project Manager to lead and facilitate cross functional teams in the planning and execution of projects related to New Product Development and Release, Modifications, selected Capacity Additions, within the Copper Solutions Business Unit. The Project Manager acts as the team leader of the project and manages the project within the constraints of the Cost, Quality, and Timing requirements documented in the Project Plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, documents, and maintains the Project Plans (Scope, Schedule, Budget, Risks, Success Criteria, etc.) for assigned New Product Development, Modifications, and selected Technical Support Project (if any)
- Leads cross functional New Product Development teams through the execution, monitoring, and achievement of the Project Plan using Project Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Gantt Charts, Risk Registers, Team Meetings, etc.
- Proactively identifies, documents, and executes risk reduction activities to minimize Project Risks associated with Cost, Quality, and Timing that could negatively affect Project Plan achievement.
- Clearly and concisely communicates status of assigned projects to both external and internal stakeholders. Identifies and communicates project barriers to gain management action to remove.
- Advocate and ensure project team adherence to the Product Development Process, Check Point Reviews, and other related procedures.
- Maintains Planned and Actual Phase Dates in Molex Resource and Portfolio Management (RPM) system for assigned Projects.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems and Initiatives by following stated policies and procedures.
- Review design packages, manufacturing designs and processes with global plants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge of product development activities (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Sales/Marketing) through course work or work-related experience
- Experience or knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing
- Advanced English
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals, tasks, and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively influence co-workers, management, and external contacts to drive positive outcomes to situations.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and schedules among assigned projects.
- Individual and team organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload.
- Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office • Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- 5+ years of related experience in product development activities (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or Sales and Marketing).
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management methodologies and tools.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work Experience in connector and cable design and manufacture
- Facilitation skills to act as a coach and consultant to various departments and work teams involved in a project.
- Experience using Microsoft Project