Multi Craft Maintenance Technician
Georgia-Pacific facility in Spartanburg, SC is looking for a motivated, maintenance professional to join our team as a Maintenance Technician. In this position, you will be utilizing your knowledge and skills around electrical and mechanical maintenance while building a fulfilling career in the packaging industry. If you enjoy hands-on work where you can make a direct impact to your company and community, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair machinery and mechanical equipment including motors, controls, PLC’s, drive systems, hydraulic/pneumatic components and power transmission systems
- Utilize diagrams, schematics, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications in order to maintain and properly fix machinery issues
- Lubricate equipment as needed and identify and communicate opportunities to improve the lube program through improved techniques, technology and knowledge sharing
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years or more of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environmentORan Associate Degree or Industrial Maintenance Certification in an industrial maintenance related field and at least (1) year of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience working with 3-phase 480-volt AC motors and DC drives
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience reading blueprints, technical drawings and/or electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting on industrial equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Able to work in elevated spaces
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging or the containerboard industry
- Experience troubleshooting boiler operations
- Experience with waste water treatment
- Experience with proper lubrication techniques and oil analysis procedures
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with industrial air compressors
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf