We are hiring Journeyman pipefitter for opportunities across Canada. We are hiring candidates with previous mechanical experience for project-based work in the upcoming turnaround season.
Koch-Glitsch is a nationwide leader in the manufacturing inspection, repair, and installation of mass transfer equipment. We are an expert solutions provider specializing in the repair of coded piping and pressure vessels such as towers, reactors, and drums.
- Canada wide travel opportunities
- Dynamic and exciting working environments
- Ability to be a part of a unique and diverse team
- Opportunity for professional growth
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Use of common hand tools, power tools
- The ability to navigate in a gas plant/oil refinery environment
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and be able to utilize them to identify and assemble internal tower equipment
- Blinding and de-blinding piping systems
- Inspecting, repairing, and replacing internal feed piping
- Repair or replace defective internal pressure vessel components
- Take measurements, layout and make calculations for installation and field fitting components.
- Basic rigging and signaling to crane operators to lift pipe spools and tower components
- 6 months or more of industrial experience working on pressure-piping/towers/vessels/reactors, or drums. Experience with installing mass transfer equipment (trays, packing, distributors, collectors, etc.) is an asset
- Have a “safety first” mindset and abide by company safe work practices and standards
- Must be able to work cohesively as part of a team unit in a fast-paced work environment
- ESC Confined Space
- ESC Fall Protection
- ESC H2S Alive
- CSTS 20 OR CSTS 09’ and OSSA RSO, BSO, CSO