SR HR Business Partner
Sr. HR Business Partner
We are seeking a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Paper Mill in Pennington, AL, where we manufacture retail paper towel and tissue products, and paper board. Approximately 1000 employees work at this fully integrated (start with wood chips, finish with sellable product), union represented mill. The Naheola Mill is critically important to GP’s Consumer Products business, and the HR Leader will have an opportunity to positively impact culture, the operation’s overall talent position to achieve business results, and HR transformation to a new service delivery model.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
This position will require that you live within 1-2 hours of Pennington, AL, or be open to relocating. The individual will have the opportunity to work from home up to 2 days per week as business needs permit.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transaction work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Partner with various capabilities teams to improve our talent position – selection, attraction, and retention.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster healthy Union relations
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP and to discover untapped value and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills to influence positive outcomes, supported by customer and peer feedback
- Strong individual willingness and capability to implement change. Effective results apparent in HR; manufacturing or commercial business efforts; and site or team-specific outcomes for key initiatives.
- Demonstrated positive relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, leveraged capabilities, and peers across the organization
- Performance history of strong coaching skills, openly sharing knowledge, and flexibility
- Ability to effectively prioritize based on value, understanding of how/where HR Generalists can quickly impact team members positively
- Proven experience with HR related processes that might include – Talent mobility, selection, performance management, talent planning, etc.)
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
- Bachelor's degree OR 5+ years of demonstrated work history in related field/business
- Experience supporting site leadership teams directly
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a supervisory role where you have developed HR teams and HR professionals
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities
- Labor Relations experience (grievances, contract interpretation)
- Previous HR experience working within a unionized workforce
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com