Georgia Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking a qualified professional for their Manufacturing Engineer opportunity to support our Lexington, KY Dixie® consumer products manufacturing operation. The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify and address improvement opportunities in the manufacturing processes and equipment, including risk reduction, quality improvement, waste reduction and productivity.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment issues
- Lead raw materials trials to evaluate performance and cost improvement opportunities
- Direct Lead Technicians in reliability and continuous improvement activities
- Develop and lead equipment modification, installation and start up activities
- Prepare project justification and benefits analysis. Lead onsite resources as well as contractor teams to deliver required work according to project needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical field OR a High School Diploma with hands-on experience with process improvement and manufacturing best practices in an industrial/manufacturing or military technical role
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables, and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a mechanical engineering or mechanical maintenance role within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools
- Experience with paper converting equipment
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
- Previous training in maintenance/reliability systems
- Project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf