Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative
Georgia Pacific is seeking a high-energy Customer Service Representative to join our team at the Dubuque Corrugated Products Facility. This is a fast-paced position with frequent changes in priority of tasks based on daily production, customer and business need. The Customer Service Representative creates value by acting as a primary liaison between our sales team, our customers and our internal departments to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our corrugated division, please visit www.gppackaging.com.
This position would require that the selected candidate live within commuting distance to the Dubuque, IA facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interacting with customers by phone, email and/or in person to receive orders, cancellations, and changes for product or to clarify needs/requirements
- Communicating changes, delays, requests, etc. to sales representatives and customers as appropriate
- Completing various forms and input information into order entry systems
- Interfacing with other internal departments to facilitate order flow process
- Coordinating shipment of product, expediting shipments, arranging pick-up of defective product, etc. with shipping department
- Managing sales backlog by reviewing sales and release orders, updating and closing/completing in the system as needed
- Coordinating complaints concerning billing, product or service rendered, referring complaints by interfacing with Quality Assurance and working with appropriate departments to identify root cause and corrective action
- Travel occasionally to visit customers, offsite warehouses, and GP production facilities to broaden knowledge base and build relationships
- Thriving in an environment of continuous change
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years or more customer service/sales support or account management experience in a manufacturing, industrial warehouse, or distribution center environment
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to create and modify spreadsheets using formulas, manipulating data, and performing data analysis, Word to create and modify documents, and Outlook to send emails & create appointments
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree or higher
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with data management systems/process flow
- Experience using Office 365
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com