Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo. If you are a self-motivated individual with a mechanical or maintenance background, then we may have just the opportunity for you!
Our Georgia-Pacific Green Bay Broadway facility is searching for Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians to work in our Maintenance department. These are highly skilled hourly positions requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, and the troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes. The successful applicant will support the Green Bay Broadway Facility’s maintenance efforts and strive to further the reliability vision of creating an environment where equipment operates as designed, runs predictably, and never fails.
Besides a great starting salary based on experience, you will also receive a full benefits package, overtime opportunities and immediate eligibility for vacation. Available schedules include 8-hour day shifts or 12 hour swing shifts. Successful team members may also be eligible for quarterly performance-based pay bonuses and opportunities to advance based on your capability, not seniority. This is an excellent opportunity to start your career with a growing business!
New external hires are eligible to receive a $2,000 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Repairing and maintaining electrical equipment
- Reading and interpreting schematics to troubleshoot and install equipment
- Completing preventative, corrective and unplanned maintenance tasks
- Adhering to plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures while supporting the vision of creating an environment where no one can ever get hurt
- Communicating with all levels of the organization, i.e.; via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings, in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or a military environment
- Journeyman Electrician with manufacturing experience
- A minimum of a two (2) year technical degree in an electrical or instrumentation field
- Completion of an apprenticeship program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing various types of industrial electrical equipment
- Experience repairing, troubleshooting, and programming PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and operator interfaces
- Experience with power distribution infrastructure
- Electrical Maintenance experience in the Paper Industry
To learn more about what we do there, please visit Georgia-Pacific Green Bay
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com