Sr, HW Technician
A Senior Hardware Engineering Technician will assist hardware, FPGA and software design engineers in testing, assembling, debugging, and verifying FPGA based products and systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Primary responsibilities will include performing various V&V (Verification and Validation) tasks on new and existing board-level products, testing and troubleshooting prototypes and pre-production products, and providing Engineering support to Manufacturing for new product introduction (includes documentation of test procedures and test training for Manufacturing personnel). The Senior Hardware Engineering Technician will be a motivated, self-driven individual with proven technical skills. This individual should be able to understand and execute test plans and take verbal instructions from engineers. Must have solid writing ability and be willing and able to keep detailed records of work. He/she should be able to work with limited supervision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years as an electronics technician, preferably in an engineering design environment.
- Associate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Technology.
What Will Put You Ahead
- System and component level debug of high-speed digital electronics
- Must be an expert in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- SMT soldering IPC certified & rework skills
- Experience with signal eye diagrams a plus
- Familiarity with PCIe and/or other serial bus protocols
- Understanding of communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART ·
- Familiarity with FPGAs and/or microprocessors and/or memories ·
- Some programming experience in C/C++, Python, and/or other languages is a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com