Field Application Engineer
Molex is seeking a motivated and self-driven Field Application Engineer to join our team in Fremont, CA. As an integral member of the Molex Team, you will work with our Account Executives and Product Line teams to discover new sales opportunities and provide technical application support for all of Molex's Optical Transceiver products. You will be responsible for working with network system companies to design Molex's exciting portfolio into Customer's applications. It will begin with identifying opportunities, technical discussions internally and externally to present winning proposals to customers. You will provide both pre- and post-sale technical support, meet customer's needs, and drive technical solutions to closure.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide direct technical support for pre- and post-sale
- Responsible for being the Voice of the Customer
- Establishes close personal technical ties to the customer and accelerate resolution of customer issues
- Promote unique Molex products, develop value proposition and capabilities to engage future business
- Collaborate with sales team, engineers, and product managers to ensure the overall program is on track with customer expectations
- Troubleshoot issues per customer's requests and resolve other system application issues
- Contribute to technical/business proposals and formulate technical solution guidelines for sales team support
- Conduct follow up on customer's activities and monitor for new sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer engineering personnel
- Generate / approve documentation for customer such as datasheets, application notes, and reliability reports
- Identify business opportunities and collaborate with product management team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Experience in electrical engineering or a related field
- Experience with customer support
- Ability to travel up to 10% including international travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with OptoElectronic devices such as PLM, FAE, or Program Management
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship