Process & Systems Engineering Student
Process & Systems Engineering Student
We are currently seeking an Engineering student(8 to 16 month terms)to join the INVISTA Process Engineering Team at Maitland, Ontario. INVISTA is rapidly implementing advanced analytics tools to dramatically improve value creation. The successful candidate will work closely with our operations/engineering teams to design/implement these solutions enabling continuous improvement of the Maitland Site Chemical Manufacturing Operations. This opening is for an 8 – 16 month term (flexible) starting Aug/Sep 2021.
To generate the greatest contribution to our company, you must be results driven, have excellent communication, able to organize multiple priorities and work well within a team environment. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with the plant innovation team to identify and implement new operations technology at the site to support transformation of our existing processes.
- Automation of reporting systems using appropriate solutions which may include OSI PI Vision, SEEQ, Agile Point, Microsoft products such as Power Automate, Power BI, Power Apps.
- Transferring existing reporting using legacy systems to newer platforms.
Other project activities may include:
- Leading physical changes in the plant using Maitland Site’s management of change process.
- Studying various aspects of chemical reaction processes and distillation systems to identify improvement opportunities. Implementing those opportunities.
- Developing, delivering training to operators for changes or new tools introduced.
- Other opportunities to self-identify work is available depending on the student’s capabilities and interests while in the work term.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis revalidations, migrate documentation to newer tools and develop Power BI reports to display report results.
- Use of Aspen process modelling and Advanced Process Control to optimize the plant operations
Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Currently enrolled in a University Chemical Engineering Program and will have completed 2ndyear or 3rdyear of program.
- Strong computer skills and some programming knowledge; role is intended to be heavily weighted on implementation of new technology solutions on site.
- Able to contribute positively in a team-oriented environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in an unstructured environment to drive innovation solutions and embrace failures as opportunities to grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles with a minimum of supervision.
- Vehicle for transportation from surrounding town to plant site highly recommended as there is no public transportation to the site.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume and cover letter towww.kochcareers.com
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage
Why Work for INVISTA Maitland Site?
Maitland Site as part of the INVISTA company has a well-established network of Operations Technology experts driving innovation across the company.You will have the opportunity to not only collaborate with the site team but experts across the global INVISTA company.
On site you will have the opportunity to be exposed to several chemical manufacturing unit operations (Chemical Reaction Units, Distillation trains, Steam Methane Reforming, Cogeneration Units, Water/Wastewater Treatment processes). Apply your chemical engineering knowledge in real life processes with experienced engineers. Your energy, your new ideas, your knowledge of new technology will complement our team of experienced engineers and operator to create real value.
If you are dedicated to continuous improvement, work well with others, are open to sharing ideas and helping your team, we would like to hear from you. Come start your career with us.
From the fibers in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibers in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including CORDURA® and ANTRON®. INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 120,000 people. For more information on INVISTA, please visit www.INVISTA.com.