Are you ready to take the next step in your career but not sure how? Are you ready to start a career, rather than just a job? Do you like to be challenged while learning new skills? The Georgia-Pacific Perdue Hill, Al plant is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Production Operators. The successful candidate will have experience working in a manufacturing environment. As candidates advance through training and positions, they will gain responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of multiple processes.
Candidates will begin in general utility positions for the mill and will serve to fill available departmental operator vacancies. They must be actively involved in advancing our MBM® culture. This position pays $18.36 per hour.
Our Production Operators work rotating 12-hour shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as necessary.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform various manual tasks and learn multiple operator functions within the department
- Perform basic operator care duties
- Perform minor machine maintenance
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping), in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing necessary Personal Protective Equipment
What You Will Need:
- HS Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years or more of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, distribution or military environment OR a two (2) year technical degree or higher in Process Operations, Engineering, or other manufacturing program at an accredited college
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in a flow-to-work environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience in a Pulp and Paper manufacturing facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com