Product Control Analyst
Koch Minerals & Trading (“KM&T”) is seeking a Product Control Analyst to join our team! Located at the Koch Industries Corporate Campus in Wichita, KS, we are seeking candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do.
Koch Minerals & Trading companies have a unique, analysis and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. Before crude oil, refined petroleum products, natural gas, industrial metals, and other valued commodities can be put to good use, they must be bought, sold and transported. That’s where you come in. Each of our teammates has a role in exchanging some of the world’s most valued commodities. While some vary their approach to trading with global market cycles, we take a long-term approach and perspective. Here, you can experience the confidence of having the resources to get the job done year-round. Koch Minerals & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities. The owner of KM&T, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit rating of AA- from S&P and A1 from Moody’s, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As the Product Control Analyst, you will provide reports to the traders, execute trade support functions, and, by applying a trading mentality, you will learn to solve problems by using risk-adjusted thinking, market intelligence, and optionality among others.
Candidates for this role should possess strong critical thinking skills and have a demonstrable ability to not only solve problems, but also to help implement those solutions throughout the business. Ideal candidates should have a deep commitment and willingness to achieve success, both on a personal and a company-wide level. The candidate should also be proactive, team-oriented, possess good interpersonal communication skills, and demonstrate an enthusiasm and passion for the work that underscores the candidate’s dedication to pioneering improvement and to driving change.
A Day in the Life:
- Calculate and report trading position and profit & loss for the use of management and trading teams
- Ensure compliance with control policies and trading standards
- Understand expected positions and/or P&L and raise questions to understand and/or correct any variance
- Provide traders with daily hedge orders
- Work with settlement teams to maintain and track invoices; cash forecasts; etc.
- Use your strong analytical skills and attention to detail and be able to work with a high volume of transactions in order to properly control, report and communicate complex trading activity
- Proactively share knowledge and communicate with traders and analysts
- Collaborate and share knowledge across accounting/business teams
- Develop new tools/processes that will facilitate ease and efficiency for the front & back office
- Be internally motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, interactive business environment. You can rapidly prioritize and perform under time sensitive pressures and will put in the extra effort to “get it done”.
- You will be passionate about the market and working in a trading environment!
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Economics or related Business field
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation) Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to work outside the typical business hours of 8:00am-4:45pm, in order to provide global support and complete time sensitive daily requirements, as needed
- Fluent in Spanish
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one year of experience in an investment, analysis, finance or accounting role
- Knowledge of energy-based commodities and instruments traded (i.e. futures, options, swaps, physical trading)
- Excel skills that include working with large datasets, compound/complex formulas, graphs and models
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Alteryx and PowerBI)
- Experience with Triple Point Technology (TPT) Commodities Management software
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com