Journeyman E&I Technician
Journeyman Electrician (E&I)
Georgia-Pacific, LLC is seeking a talented Journeyman Electrical Mechanic to join the Big Island, Virginia team. This is a full time role with competitive pay, benefits, 401K and quarterly performance bonuses. Starting pay for this role is $34.71/hour
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit: www.gppackaging.com/
What You Will Do In Your Role
·Apply knowledge around wiring schematics
·Apply knowledge of instrumentation principles such as Pressure, Flow, and Temperature.
·Support projects in mill as Journeyman E&I technicians
·Understanding of PLC platforms for Rockwell PLC 5 and Control Logics. Be able to edit programs and search programs to find equipment and understand ladder logic
·Understanding of Switchgear and the hazards involved in racking in and out of breakers from 480 Volts-12,700 Volts.
·Understanding of Induction, Synchronous, Wound Rotor, DC, and difference between how these motors work in the industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
·Applicants must be able to work shift work and overtime as needed.
- Qualified applicants must have at least one of the following:
- 1) Journeyman Electrician card; or
- 2) Associates degree or higher in Industrial Electricity, Instrumentation, Electrical & Control Technology, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field; or
- 3) Training or experience that demonstrates required technical knowledge in areas such as PLCs, voltage, wiring schematics, etc . Military Experience in a related field. Apprenticeship in a related field. Recent college coursework in related field such as Principles of Technology, Electrical Control Systems, Control Theory, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Training in Controllogix PLC programming
- 753/755 Rockwell VFD troubleshooting skills
- Digital control valve setup experience
- Ethernet communication network experience
As part of the selection process, qualified candidates will be required to complete both computer based and hands on testing. Successful candidates will also take part in the interview selection process.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.