Georgia-Pacific Cellulose facility in Perry, FL is currently looking for individuals to work in our Specialty Pulp Plant as Production Technicians. Foley Cellulose produces specialty and fluff pulp that is delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end uses and converting technologies. Our fibers are found in products that people around the world use in everyday life, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters and towels. Check it out here: https://www.gp.com/about-us/mill-sites/foley-cellulose-florida
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to processes with a focus on safe operations
- Working in a large, chemical manufacturing environment
- Utilizing a computer to input and access data, monitor equipment and react to production needs
- Using hand tools and power tools to adjust machines
- Operating equipment such as cranes, dozers, lift trucks, bobcat loaders to move product, load or unload trucks and/or railcars
- Operating heavy machinery in loud, hot, cold and dusty environments
- Monitoring process variables to maintain efficient process operations and meet department quality, cost and production goals
- Performing equipment cleanup and operator basic care including minor maintenance tasks
- Performing equipment changeovers
- Assisting with setup, troubleshooting, and making minor machine adjustments Inspecting product to ensure quality measures are met
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift
- Working with hand tools, including but not limited to wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing, pulling, working at heights, operating mobile equipment and/or heavy equipment, which could include lifting up to 50 pounds
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year or more of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, military, or warehouse environment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job while working eight (8)-twelve (12) hour rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using mobile equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf