Georgia Pacific has an opportunity for an HR Generalist to work in partnership with supervisors and employees at our lumber facility in Rome, GA.
This position will be key in moving us along in our HR transformation journey. While learning the business, your contribution will be at an HR generalist level with primary focus in recruiting, staffing and sourcing. As our model transforms, your contribution will shift to a full HR business partner role helping our employees and supervisors create value in our MBM® culture through transformation and delivery of our HR services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Building Our Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Foster healthy Union relations including ability to interpret and address concerns based on the CBA language.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Understand and apply MBM® to coach employees and supervisors.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support transformation efforts.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve.
Advancing Our Talent Position
- Partner with various capability teams and staffing agencies to improve our talent position
- Own hourly staffing: forecasting, staffing plan execution, onboarding effectiveness, and maintain electronic employee files
- Support performance management and Supervisor development
Drive Process Excellence
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Work with a platform mindset to build processes that are repeatable across plants and allows for remote support.
Deliver on Business Objectives
- Creating solutions that support/enable teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to engage with operations, leadership team members and the union.
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in moving the facility along with the company's vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR equivalent work experience
- 2 years of either HR experience, recruiting, or training & development
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience in recruiting and selection
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com