Georgia-Pacific near Quanah, TX is seeking quality candidates to hire after a successful screening for our Production Associate/Laborer position at our Acme facility. Successful employees in this role work collaboratively with a team to safely perform various tasks. Production Associate/Laborers are responsible for performing manual, labor intensive cleanup duties around the facility to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role. The pay for this position is $18.39/hr with a $1,000 sign on bonus! Production Associates work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Use blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Perform manual, labor intensive, and repetitive tasks such as bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, and heavy lifting up to 50lbs in an environment that is hot, humid, loud, cold, and dusty.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Ability to meet the physical requirements as listed in the description
- Ability to work in an industrial environment as listed in the description
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating mobile equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com