The Environmental Technician will support the Plant Environmental Compliance Programs and Systems at the Los Vegas, NV facility. This individual will be reporting to the site Environmental Leader. This position will assist in ensuring facility compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, including state, federal and local air regulations for air emissions, storm water, wastewater, and hazardous wastes. The role will also help ensure that the site conforms to relative company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist with day-to-day environmental compliance requirements of applicable permits, plans, and regulations. These may include collecting records, preparing reports, conducting inspections, and sample collection
- Investigation reporting regarding all deviations from air permit limits concerning visible emissions and baghouse operation
- Manage environmental certifications and training
- ASCM- Annual Visual Integrity Test for all AST’s
- SWPPP- conduct annual Non-Storm Water Inspections for Outfalls 001-006
- Maintain all aspects of emergency generators
- Operate a water truck to maintain compliance
- Ability to work weekend shifts (Saturday-Sunday)
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Environmental experience in a manufacturing/industrial facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical degree or higher in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related science field
- Two (2) years or more of experience working with federal, state and local environmental regulations such as, air permitting and reporting, water, wastewater, storm water and solid waste management
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com