Georgia-Pacific has openings for Quality Technicians at our new facility in McDonough, GA. Quality Techs help maintain constant quality during production and guide workflow by monitoring the packaging work force and helping employees in the department perform their duties correctly. The Quality Technicians enable the converting team to operate at or above designated run speeds using the lean personnel packaging model provided in the training procedures.
We are working rotating 24x7 shifts, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
These are developmental positions with growth potential in the facility as well as across Georgia-Pacific.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Verifying that all materials are correct and accounted for on all jobs based on the envelope format being produced and as instructed by the line operator.
- Performing and maintaining department quality as required by standard operating procedures.
- Works directly with assigned line supervisor to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Working with designated line material packers to maintain a harmonious work environment. The expectation is that issues will be mitigated through teamwork and any concerns will be promptly addressed and resolved or escalated to upper management.
- Maintain control of 48 hour hold area while communicating with shipping.
- Maintaining an open dialogue with supervisor and identifying any defects to minimize delays and reduce waste.
- Updating upcoming shift so information is passed on accurately.
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
- Monitor all jobs for manufacturing defects and report any non-conformance issues.
- Monitor packaging for SOP defects and correct and report any non-conformance issues.
- Comply and see that sector employees comply with ALL standard operational procedures.
- Perform other duties and / or projects as assigned.
- Ability to train employees on quality defects and best practices.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Availability to work any shift, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Experience in putting data into various data entry systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Some experience operating production machinery
- Experience performing quality checks according to standard operating procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience working on a continuous run machine with multiple operations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com