External Communications Manager
Do you have experience engaging with media professionals across digital and traditional platforms? We're looking for you – a PR professional to develop messaging and engage with the media on behalf of Georgia-Pacific, our major businesses and brands. This role is highly collaborative with CEO visibility, reporting through a senior manager on our corporate communications team. You’re a good fit if you can attract earned media with less than 300 words and a strong lead. And, you can produce external newsroom stories and responses on tight deadlines. Bonus points awarded for experience in managing multiple projects, crisis management work, and examples of when you made content breakthrough the noise. Come work with us today.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build relationships with targeted media outlets and managing day-to-day inbound inquiries from news media, proactively pitch story ideas to journalists, and serve as company spokesperson on a wide range of corporate matters
- Implement earned media and PR strategy by developing compelling digital content for the wire and GP’s newsroom that will connect and impact intended audiences
- Help interpret insights to influence future storytelling and story pitching, and assist with media monitoring, measurement reporting on content performance
- Have exposure to leadership and working collaboratively with everyone from the corporate communications content team, the internal social media team, and other GP business communicators
- Work adeptly in content management systems and other digital creative tools to manage, develop and deploy content that support various GP businesses
- Help review and vet Influencers and assist in execution of Influencer campaigns
How This Role Contributes To The Team:
This role is:
- An integral part of the Corporate Communications Team, which is focused on supporting various businesses across GP and building reputation through storytelling and visually engaging content with our audiences. (Team capability includes: public affairs, social media, executive communications, HR/employee communications, sustainability communications, sponsorships/marketing, business communications and crisis communications)
- A positive and dependable teammate who possesses initiative and attention to detail
- A self-starter who ensures communications are on message, contributes to GP’s storytelling ecosystem, and creates engaging, relevant and measurable content
- An open-ended learning opportunity to gain experience working in a company in digital and traditional spaces with experienced communications professionals
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of communications, public relations, journalism, or related experience
- Experience developing written communication and conveying messages to internal and external audiences (skills include superb verbal, written and proofreading)
- Previous experience managing PR and media relations for a brand or business and working in monitoring tools such as Cision, Critical Mention, Khoros, Social Studio, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in a corporate environment in public affairs, corporate communications or non-profit setting or working for clients
- Acquired skills working crisis management on behalf of a business or brand
- Previous experience with online content management systems such as Workfront
- Knowledge of and ability to implement SEO best practices
- Skilled in interpreting media metrics to measure and influence future content
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com