Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking a Mechanical Designer to work at our Global Innovation and Development center in Hudson Wisconsin, to ensure product designs are manufacturable, by applying sound design for manufacturability, assembly, and automation principles to the design.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with the Design Development Process (DDP) to design products for and with our customers, primarily in the medical device/drug delivery system industries.
- Use CAD systems like Solidworks or Creo to generate designs that meet product requirements.
- Develop appropriate assembly and test fixtures to aid in the manufacture and testing of the design.
- Integrate supplied/identified electronic elements as necessary into the design.
- Develop appropriate drawings to detail product and assembly specifications in a manner compliant with ASME or other design standards.
- Maintain a design journal that identifies product risk and track design changes throughout the DDP.
- Participate in concept ideation sessions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 5 years of CAD product and / or mold injection experience
- Experience designing for injection molding processes at the component and assembly level
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM) experience focused on plastic injection molding assembly methods such as snaps, sonic welding, press fit, sealing and joining methods
What Will Put You Ahead
- Multi-shot and metal injection molding experience
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- Medical design experience
VISA sponsorship is not being offered for this role.
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com