LOGISTICS ACCOUNT MANAGER
KBX Logistics, LLC provides transportation and logistics services to industry leaders in manufacturing and production, saving our customers time, money and hassle. We have a significant purchasing position and the leading-edge talent and technology to create an advantage in the marketplace. We continue to reinvent better ways to create value for our customers. KBX Logistics is an independent Koch company. Being privately held, we are able to embrace long-term visions and invest in the future through our holistic application of Market-Based Management®. To learn more visit www.KBXLogistics.com.
The Logistics Account Manager is a leadership position that has responsibility for the success and profitability of multiple accounts focused on growth within existing business and new opportunities. Areas of influence range from assisting in the initial customer discussions, presentation and proposals through implementation and ongoing operations. This role will have relationships with both internal and external customers as well as vendors.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Contribute to external sales efforts by presenting information to potential customers about implementation, operating processes, our technology and prior experience in successful implementations; this includes anticipating and understanding customers’ strategic and tactical questions and in turn articulating responses to the customer
- Identify and execute growth opportunities with other Koch companies
- Assist in developing comprehensive solutions to meet customers’ needs and ensure operational and functional department success
- Lead integration of new accounts within the established timeline and scope; this includes the development of the concept of operations and the outline of the workflow and systems
- Understand and adhere to customer requirements
- Utilize analytical abilities to develop innovative initiatives and solutions for the account(s) and for Koch
- Use professional judgment to assess the impact of decisions/actions on the customer and Koch
- Balance the customers’ needs with our company’s profitability
- Manage, report and analyze key performance indicators and prepare strategic plans and forecasts on a routine basis
- Build customer relationships at various levels within the customer organization and support the transportation operations team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Evaluate standard operating procedures, business rules and work processes to enhance communication, transfer information, and produce results
- Interview and select new team members; lead, manage and develop direct reports to include Market Development Rep(s) & Customer Logistics Specialist(s)
- Manage and/or oversee all customer facing, day to day operations of the account(s)
- Lead and develop KBXL service offerings
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, or Account Management role as part of a 3PL or overseeing third-party logistics provider
- 5+ years of experience working with MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on business need, start-ups, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing a book of business comprised of multiple accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, sales/marketing, or similar degree area
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com