Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Resident Engineer (at FORD) to support all technical facets of our Ford Cable program expectations in a timely manner. The selected candidate will be located onsite with the customer in Dearborn, Michigan.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support all technical facets of FORD/Program expectations in a timely manner including, but not limited to:
- Support 2D drawing creation, translation, verification, upload, and maintenance in FORD system
- Own Cable launch process from creation through closure including all necessary documents (DVPR,ESER, SREA, etc.)
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a timely manner to both external and internal contacts
- Facilitator for technical discussions between FORD DREs and Molex project management/account management teams
- Facilitate and support collaborative quality issue notification/resolution with Molex team members
- Engage with FORD engineering (cable, networking, architecture) teams to identify needs, gaps, and opportunities
- Collaborate with account management teams to identify opportunities to develop into new design wins for Molex
- Support account management initiatives, strategy and messaging internally and to the customer
- Collaborate with Molex engineering to provide seamless communication to/from the customer
- Manage customer initiatives/needs and drive to closure
- Improve Molex’s competitive position within FORD through the consistent and appropriate application of market-based management and guiding principles
- Responsible to work with cross functional teams for sample coordination, management, and fulfillment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) experience at an OEM or Tier supplier
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree, or advanced, in Engineering (preferably BSEE or BSME)
- Prior experience with Ford’s engineering systems (i.e. Team center, WERS)
- Prior work experience with Ford in an engineering role (i.e. Resident Engineer or Design Release Engineer)
- Understanding of vehicle connection systems and architecture
- Experience with a major OEM within the automotive/transportation industry
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent team player and leader.
- Detailed in problem solving and analysis.
- Solid understanding of various connectors, cable assemblies and modules.
- Catia and/or NX CAD software background preferred.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com