Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to support our facility in Costa Mesa, CA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Oversees the safety, health & environmental functions for the assigned facility and partners with onsite management and other resources to ensure local program ownership and accountability. Support, implement and maintain the Environmental Management System (EMS) with formal corrective actions to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Implementation of corporate safety and environmental, or equivalent site-specific programs and required written documentation to support these programs
- Assures the appropriate, effective, and timely distribution of all required safety and environmental training programs for the facility and may include performance of training
- Assures coordinated case management for all work-related injuries/illnesses through the implementation of Return-to-Work Program and communicate results to plant leadership
- Conduct safety, health & environmental compliance self-audits, support external audits and hold an annual review of the safety, health & environmental management system with the management team
- Provide leadership and direction to establish and sustain a positive company safety, health & environmental culture both on and off the job
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. or B.A. degree or the equivalent in fields of safety, health or environmental sciences
- Five (5) years related experience in the field of safety, health or environment in a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership, organize, solve problems and educate others
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to engage in cooperative and responsible behavior, which affects the operation of the facility and the company in positive manner
- Ability to achieve Associated Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com