SR. AP Analyst
- Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive individual accountable for accurate and timely invoice resolution, impacting payments for the Global Business Systems (GBS) Regional Hub. This individual will make decisions and/or resolve issues based on analysis of information and precedence, as well as execute job responsibilities independently without daily supervision or higher-level approval.
- Works with other departments and directly with vendors to resolve advanced accounts payable related disputes and discrepancies. This involves investigating multiple process steps and/or data to arrive at core problem, bringing resolution to the issue as well as fully communicating to the necessary parties of the final outcome. Additionally, if there is a root cause corrective action which is needed, that will be fully addressed as well.
- Acts as first point of escalation contact for invoice discrepancy resolution. Has the authority to make decisions on how to resolve discrepancies without input from GBS Regional Hub Leader.
- Communicates to the plants and related personnel as to AP items which are resting with them pending discrepancy resolution. In conjunction of this communication, troubleshooting issues with Non-AP personnel is performed to ensure items routed outside the AP department are acted upon timely.
- Prepares data 1099/1042 information to vendors and supplies data to KBS for completion of governmental filings.
- Coordinates the data collection and performs the research required to resolve any unclaimed property related items. Validates items prior to preparing the state filings. Ensures filings are completed on time to prevent fines and possible unclaimed property audits from the various states.
- Acts as P2P business partner supporting America’s procurement team. First escalation point when support is not received from BPO provider.
- Completes testing of system changes and provides hands on experience knowledge when dealing with any research for possible system/process changes.
- Understand, support and contribute to Market Based Management (MBM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Train and support America’s procurement organization with regards to accounts payable activities.
- Associate degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a high-volume environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- SAP accounts payable experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
- Strong familiarity with SAP and the AP processing tool VIM (Vendor Invoice Management).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal necessary for professional interactions with both external and internal contacts.
- Ability to work comfortably with numbers and perform calculations accurately.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations, which require cooperation, courtesy and tact.
- ·Detail oriented.
- ·Ability to analyze issues and resolve them appropriately.
- ·Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- ·Proficient knowledge of unclaimed property regulations/processes.
- ·Proficient knowledge level of 1099 / 1042 rules.
- ·Proficient knowledge level of tax rules as they apply to Accounts Payable functions.