Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. Our Leaf River cellulose facility is looking for Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians that will be doing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and making repairs to equipment leading to increased uptime and reliability. Our E&I Techs work nights, weekends, holidays, a rotating shift, and overtime as needed. If this sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you, apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring proper operation of all automation and control systems, instrumentation, and electrical infrastructure that supports the production of market pulp, from raw material handling to stock preparation and converting, its chemical recovery processes, and power and steam generation
- Sharing knowledge with other technicians for maintaining and troubleshooting various process instrumentation, analytical instrumentation, PLC’s and safety PLC’s, Distributive Control Systems, variable frequency drives, three phase motors and controls, electrical power distribution and protective relays
- Serving as a vital resource for the manufacturing machinery preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer standards
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools, and equipment access
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Understanding and applying electrical safe work practices every day as established in various regulatory standards such as NFPA70e and IEEE along with company established guidelines
- Performing work that is physically demanding and repetitive, for extended periods of time, i.e.:lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
·Associate degree or higher in Industrial Instrumentation, Process Control, Automation Technology or a Manufacturing field
- Two (2) or more years of industrial instrumentation, automation and control, or electrical experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of instrumentation or automation and control experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting
- Experience with power, refining, chemical, or pulp & paper industry
- ISA Certification (CCST)
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
With a workforce of approximately 300, Leaf River is located in the heart of South Mississippi, just 20 miles from Hattiesburg. For nearly 30 years, the Leaf River team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Our products include chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and nonwoven materials that are used in products such as diapers, baby wipes and coffee filters. As one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business, Leaf River is a showcase of safety, operational and environmental excellence.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com