The role of the Maintenance Planner is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access.
This position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling and coordination of all planned maintenance activities performed at the site.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The incumbent will conduct themselves and their duties in a manner consistent with the company Mission Statement and utilize the MBM guiding principles.
- The Planner assists Production with balancing their needs for runtime requirements and equipment reliability by identifying pro-active maintenance solutions.
- Responsible for long-range as well as short-range planning. Long-range planning involves the regular analysis of backlog relative to available resources. These two basic variables must be kept in balance for a proactive maintenance environment to be established and sustained.
- Short-range planning and scheduling falls into several phases:
- Initial Job Screening
- Analysis of Job Requirements
- Job Research / Component Replacement or Upgrade
- Detailed Job Planning / Precision Planning on critical equipment
- Job Preparation
- Purchase Requisitions
- Job Scheduling and Coordination
- Schedule Adjustment
- Works with Maintenance Department employees to create SMP’s and JHA’s
- Additional Planning Responsibilities
- Planning and scheduling for shutdowns (major and minor)
- Gantt charts (Microsoft Project)
- Critical Path Analysis
- Resource leveling
- Development of Planner reference systems including a file of Planned Job Packages for recurring jobs, standard job tasks plus labor and material libraries for each piece of equipment.
- Keeps the Maintenance & Operations Managers informed of abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside the Planner's knowledge or authority.
- The planner is also responsible for the successful handoff between Planning and Execution for minor and major shutdown jobs.
- Identifies recommendations and/or areas for improvements. Updates job plans as needed.
- Responsible for the creation of the Bills of Materials (Parts lists) for assets including ensuring current information is accurate and updated as required.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Maintains essential records and files from which management reports are prepared and distributed.
- Ensures that completed Work Order information is meaningful and accurate, there by, ensuring that valid historical data is captured in MP2.
- Ensures that functional metrics are tracked and reported, while, providing accurate data for input into the established site Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Maintenance Planner is an integral part of the Leadership Team. They are an organizational peer and partner of the Maintenance Team Leaders, Reliability Coordinators and Production Team Leaders. They are jointly responsible for the tasks required to ensure the effective capacity utilization, reliability, and life cycle asset management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years’ experience in planning in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office/Microsoft Project
- Experience using a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) such as MP2, SAP or JDE
- Associates degree or Business degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf