Starting Pay: $19.09/hr
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurances
Start your career at the Georgia-Pacific corrugated plant in Mogadore, OH, located just outside of Akron!
GP is looking for safety dedicated Production Associates to join our team. Production Associates will have the opportunity to work in any area of the facility including our Converting and Corrugator departments. This position is responsible for operating and troubleshooting equipment, by supporting our production efficiency and allowing our machine centers to create quality specialized packaging that meets our customers’ needs. Production Associates must adhere to strict safety rules and procedures within the facility to maintain a safe working environment.
Employees in this role will be working 12-hour shifts. Shift hours may change depending on plant needs. This will include weekends and holidays. We are a 24/7 plant. In most positions, team members rotate the days of the week following this pattern: 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off. They may work every other weekend, and off every other weekend. This can be affected by mandatory overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Setting up for and arranging orders on machine centers and running machinery to produce products to meet customer specifications, which will include manual lifting and other tasks
- Performing required quality checks
- Performing basic preventative maintenance on machine center
- Housekeeping of production area to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Performing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, e.g.; lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, and climbing ladders/stairs
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Lifting upwards of 50 lbs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Nine (9) months or more of experience working in a manufacturing, military, industrial or agriculture environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Machine operator experience
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving machinery and complex manufacturing problems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf