This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking an Accountant to join our team! Located at the Koch Corporate Campus in Wichita, KS, we are seeking candidates who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do. You will need to understand debits and credits and be passionate about leveraging Accounting to inform and transform business processes. Prior commodity trading support experience is a plus!
The Accountant role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. In order to be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate. In addition, this role may involve support of world-wide activities that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. As such, you will be required to work rotating USA bank holidays to support settlements for businesses based in other countries.
Candidates for this role should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions. You will work with individuals at all levels of the business and will be a collaborative team member. Candidates should also be proactive, internally motivated, and willing to drive change in a fast-paced organization while maintaining integrity and compliance.
Koch Minerals & Trading companies have a unique, analysis and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. Koch Minerals & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities. The owner of KM&T, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit rating of AA- from S&P and A1 from Moody’s, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and associated research activities
- Manage daily accounts receivable and or accounts payable processes
- Process journal entries and/or invoices timely, accurately, and efficiently
- Actively report, monitor, and collect outstanding invoices by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Provide meaningful analysis to the business to improve business decision making
- Understand and drive upstream and downstream process transformations
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, both international and domestic
- Seek and share knowledge, identify opportunities for improvements, challenge the status quo, develop recommendations, and drive transformation
- Exercise full compliance with Koch Trading Standards and constantly work to strengthen KM&T’s control environment
- Be a champion of Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business program
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, data analysis and lookup, formula creation, queries, presentations)
- Able to work on rotating USA bank holidays to support settlements for businesses based in other countries
What Will Put You Ahead
- If Accounting is not your degree major - Intermediate to Advanced Accounting Coursework is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
- Settlement, reconciliation, and/or exchange process experience
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or Account Collection experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.