Senior Engineer - Power and Recovery Center of Excellence
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals for our Senior Process Engineer for the Pulp, Power & Recovery (PPR) to be a part of our Manufacturing Center of Excellence (COE). The Senior Process Engineer, Pulp, Power & Recovery will provide staff level engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, design, construction, operation and troubleshooting of primarily Lime Kiln, Recausticizing, Evaporator and Power Turbine Process Systems throughout the 20 facilities that the PPR COE support.
This role requires up to 50% domestic travel and will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support and resolve mill major immediate issues to meet operational bets around Recausticizing, Evaporators, and Turbine Generators
- Support Recausticizing improvement initiatives including driving improved M&D, Operating Envelope (OE), and Project scope development and startup.
- Drive Liquor Cycle improvements with systems and tools for sustainability.
- Support Evaporator Project scope development and startup.
- Drive Turbine Generator OE, and Improved Reliability.
- Coordination, review, and approval of work done by consultants
- Analysis of problems within existing systems, and recommendations for correction
- Support performance, safety, and reliability assessments.
- Support project scope, estimate, schedule, and investment proposal development.
- Equipment specification, bid preparation, evaluation, and selection.
- Conceptual and detailed design work in parallel with Suppliers.
- Technical and economic feasibility studies for modification of existing facilities
- Support project budgeting, spending forecasts, project scheduling, and procurement.
- Provide project field support, including construction supervision and equipment Commissioning.
- Interact with GP Manufacturing, Procurement, Operations Support, and Business teams.
- Provide oversight of external engineering resources in support of capital projects.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience with theoretical and practical aspects of the design, construction and operation of Lime Kiln, Recausticizing, Evaporators and Steam turbine generation in a kraft pulp mill.
- 10 or more years of experience in one or more of the following areas: engineering design, construction, operation, maintenance, manufacturer’s technical service representative.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word,
- Experience working within integrated manufacturing plant utilities (e.g. compressed air, central chillers, steam generation and distribution, and water systems)
- Operations Experience within back end of a Kraft Pulp paper mill
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com