Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our Pipelines and Terminals team and support our assets in Mustang Ridge, TX. If you are seeking career growth in an atmosphere of entrepreneurship, value creation and high integrity, Flint Hills Resources is the place for you! Team players with strong attention to detail, as well as excellent communication, organization and customer service skills are encouraged to apply.What You Will Do In Your Role
As an Operations Technician, you will have primary responsibility for the instrumentation, electrical and mechanical maintenance of the bulk storage facility, including the truck loading rack. You will coordinate with schedulers for the successful delivery and receipt of petroleum products. Technicians also input computer data and reconcile fuel tank inventories on a regular basis. This position is also responsible for the safe and efficient operations and maintenance of pipeline and station assets. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to: pipeline locates, excavation oversight, facility station checks, maintenance of equipment, and responding to customer needs. Successful candidates must also understand and comply with all federal, state, and company regulations. The Operator will be held accountable to accurately documenting operational activities which will require computer work, including word processing, spreadsheets, work orders, and electronic communication.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to support the team as you manage small projects that are requested by your Terminal Manager. These may include, but are not limited to: electrical troubleshooting, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to a petroleum products facility. A general knowledge of pumps, valves (twin-seal, ball, gate, etc.), and bulk storage terminal and pipeline operations will be an asset to you in this role. In addition, your strong economic thinking and time management skills will ensure that overtime and travel costs are successfully managed.
In the event of terminal and other system "call outs", you need to be willing to be available for on-call rotation during selected nights and weekends as required by the number of personnel in rotation. Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A valid driver's license
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Electrical and/or mechanical knowledge
- Ability to perform the physical requirements for this role
- Able to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Able to respond to an emergency call out within a 30 minute window to the terminal in Mustang Ridge, TX (1165 East Lone Star Drive
- , Buda, TX 78610)
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance.
- Physical ability to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more construction/maintenance experience in the refined products and/or oil and gas industry (Mechanical/Industrial trade school will be considered work experience)
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- One (1) year or more experience with instrumentation and/or electronics troubleshooting
- One (1) year or more experience in the Pipeline Industry
- Six (6) months or more experience locating underground pipelines
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com