Strategic Commodity Leader
INVISTA is seeking a Strategic Commodity Leader for Indirect Services & Materials with responsibilities in North America that could extend globally. This person transforms, innovates, and collaborates on a portfolio of commodities—all of which are undergoing significant opportunistic disruption due to the pace of global innovation—to create superior long-term value. The role will report to the Director of Sourcing and is in either Wichita, KS or Houston, TX. Possible commodities in the portfolio include Engineering Services, Engineered Equipment, Motors, Process Compressors, Rotating Equipment, Non-Destructive Testing and other materials and services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop forward looking commodity strategies and business processes to build and sustain competitive advantage
- Create data-driven metrics to enhance decision-making
- Purposefully expand and build networks that embrace knowledge sharing, economic thinking, and experimentation to cultivate opportunities
- Drive a culture of mutual value and partnership among suppliers and stakeholders
- Apply appropriate contract terms and pricing structures to new and existing suppliers
- Communicate with stakeholders to invite, seek, and embrace feedback and challenge. Use both to be additive to solutions
Attributes of a successful candidate:
- Good critical and economic thinking skills
- An effective communicator that is a change agent and can clearly articulate solutions and value drivers to business leaders
- Able to engage in a respectful challenge process and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive transformation
- Is passionate about eliminating bureaucracy, implementing new tools, and harnessing information to transform how work is done
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years professional work experience in one of the following:
- Onsite, Plant Experience (operations, maintenance, engineering)
- Outside Sales
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools
- Experience leading transformative or strategic initiatives
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience sourcing complex engineered equipment
- Experience in financial or statistical modeling and data analysis
- Experience presenting strategies or ideas to executive leadership
- 5+ years experience in Industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com