Machine Operator III - Dudley, NC - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employees for our Machine Operator role in our Dudley, NC Lumber Mill. As a Machine Operator, you operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Performing operator care duties and minor maintenance tasks to include but not limited to lubrication duties
Working throughout the mill to safely meet production and quality goals
Learning multiple operator functions in your department
Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
Performing detailed housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly and to maintain the appearance of the plant
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 year of manufacturing experience or have done comparable work in a comparable work environment that includes but is not limited to: farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, etc.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience driving and operating a forklift
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Capabilities or Manufacturing: IND-GP-RCT