Lead Manufacturing Application Architect
Under the direction of Team Leader and System Analysts, participates in the activities associated with the development, implementation, and support of new and existing Siemens Camstar/Opcenter MES solution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Works as a team member within own IT group and with other IT departments to implement changes or new applications.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made. May make recommendations to improve application performance, effectiveness, and maintainability.
- Creates technical specifications and applications utilizing programming languages as required. Notifies management and system analysts when requirements cannot be met and may make recommendations for modifications and improvements. Contacts business function areas with changes and enhancements.
- Performs comprehensive functionality tests of new and updated applications to verify desired results are achieved. Evaluates results and coordinates or makes modifications to improve program performance, effectiveness, and maintainability.
- Communicates to management and business analysts direction, status, and problems with work assignments. Works with IT personnel to overcome obstacles and complete programs.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. May assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals.
- Monitors performance and effectiveness of programs after implementation and provides on-going program support.
- Follows established methodologies during program development and ensures programs adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department.
- Adhere to ITIL Governance guideline for all change management activities.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years and above of experience in Siemens Camstar/Opcenter solution
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and operations solutions
- Proficient in SQL scripting, including store procedures, functions, tables and views
- Working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (SCRUM, AGILE)
- Ability to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to achieve common goals and respond positively to situations
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks to complete assignments in a systematic and timely basis.