Technical Service Engineer / Inspection Engineer
Koch Engineered Solutions is a growing family of well-established companies acting on global scale — a community of industry experts — that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services.
As part of this family, Koch-Glitsch is global leader in developing, engineering, designing, and manufacturing a complete line of mass transfer and phase separation technology equipment and associated services for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, and gas processing industries.
We are seeking a Technical Service Engineer who will be based in Saudi Arabia Dammam area but available to travel within the whole KSA territory and potentially the GCC.
The ideal resource will be part of a selected team and will provide technical assistance services to KES customers in the region. Additional to the service activity the right candidate will have the possibility to actively support the Aftermarket Sales activities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide equipment technical support to KES customers even with site visits within KSA and potentially within GCC.
- Mock-up assembly of mass transfer and separations equipment as per drawing and Inspection by climbing up the ladders/stairs, passing thru column nozzle/manhole.
- Work at height and inside the confined spaces.
- Formulating inspection report, provide support in preparing work method statement, Job safety analysis, material identification and daily progress report.
- Certify the equipment installation is completed in accordance with the equipment drawing and project specifications.
- Recommend virtuous column equipment maintenance best practices.
- Develop positive and profitable relationship with customers.
- Support the Aftermarket business.
- Handle/operate as material controller the onsite material inventory during turnarounds.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong safety culture.
- Mechanical Diploma.
- Mechanical drawings reading skills and bill of materials.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Learning motivation.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility to travel as required by the business (approx. 70% of the time).
- Ability to work in unusual conditions, like climbing up stairs and ladders, as well as confined spaces.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in similar roles such as site service engineer, Inspection engineer, QA/QC engineer within Oil & Gas sector.
- Familiarity with major refining and petrochemical plants within Saudi Arabia and GCC.
- Specific experience with mass transfer and separations equipment.
- Arabic and/or Indian language.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.