Dixie® Consumer Products LLC, a division of Georgia-Pacific Corporation, is seeking a Quality Technician for our Darlington, SC facility.
The Quality Technician for the facility will provide expertise and leadership to drive continuous improvement in safety and compliance, product quality, and product safety. The position will establish and reinforce the importance of applying our management philosophy to continue Darlington’s transformation into a world class manufacturer and distributor of Consumer Products. This position creates value by partnering with operations and providing essential oversight, assessments, and information for process improvements. A successful candidate in this role will be a principled entrepreneur, someone who performs well with limited oversight, and is comfortable with the challenge process.
For more information about Dixie® Consumer Products, please visit www.dixie.com!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing routine and special request testing and sampling
- Analyzing in-process materials and finished product to check conformance to specifications
- Performing troubleshooting and routine maintenance of lab testing equipment
- Accurately complete all documentation and data entry associated with quality checks and QC reports and communicating results
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Performing and/or assisting with internal audits to support compliance with SQF and Quality Systems.
- Assisting operations with quality related requests.
- Working eight (8) hour shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Working in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
- Learning and performing various testing procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) or more years of experience in manufacturing environment
- The ability to use Microsoft software
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with data collection and entry.
- Experience performing mathematical calculations, e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, exponents and algebraic equations
- Experience performing administrative tasks such as filing, organizing, labeling and scanning
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in a Quality department
- One (1) year or more of experience in food manufacturing
- Experience using a Quality Management software program
- Experience working in the Consumer Products industry
- Internal auditing experience.
- SQF experience.
- Other quality management standards (such as ISO 9000)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com