Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a growing family of 12 companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
KES is now hiring an EHS Specialist to join our team in Tulsa, OK. This position will be responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of the site occupational safety & health management system as well as assisting with environmental compliance and initiatives. The EHS Specialist will report to the site EHS Manager and will partner with the KES team to drive forward the principles, values, and continual improvement of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate a commitment to safety and manufacturing excellence, possess strong interpersonal communication and technical skills and be an active contributor of transformation initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and recommend measures to help protect workers.
- Foster an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS; increase critical hazard awareness and reduce the likelihood of at-risk behaviors.
- Ensure the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs leveraging resources to increase knowledge and capabilities of employees.
- Foster an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees including committees and strategic improvement groups.
- Collaborate with employees and management to implement control measures for hazardous and/or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Assure coordinated case management for all work-related incidents and communicate results to plant leadership.
- Facilitate learning teams for all incidents requiring root cause analysis, ensuring execution on solutions and providing knowledge sharing to other KES facilities.
- Coordination of all medical surveillance programs (audiometric, respiratory, etc.).
- Facilitate and oversee local emergency response teams.
- Conduct a variety of training sessions including new employee safety orientation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous EHS experience across multiple disciplines and scenarios in a private, government or military environment.
- Experience interpreting Federal, State and/or Local Agency EHS regulatory guidance (OSHA, Fire Code).
- Experience in public speaking with large groups and conducting live safety training classes.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, climb ladders and stairways, and lift up to 40lbs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Occupational Health & Safety or other science/engineering degree.
- Five (5+) years of EHS Experience.
- Experience with ISO45001 / OSHA VPP.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf